CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South
Located just minutes from Padre Island, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South provides surgical and medical services for our patients in south Corpus Christi. Perfectly positioned to serve the rapidly-growing south side of Corpus Christi, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South is licensed for 158 beds. We are particularly focused on caring for women and newborns, with a full spectrum of OB/GYN and birthing services and our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
Labor and Delivery in Corpus Christi
Our expert birthing services team can handle all types of deliveries, from routine to complex pregnancies. Board-certified physicians and highly experienced, caring maternity nurses provide a family-centered experience. From prenatal care through labor and delivery to postpartum care, our Birthing Services feature:
- Specialists in OB/GYN and maternal-fetal medicine to care for women with high-risk pregnancies
- Experienced physicians and nurses who have earned designations for their commitment to maternity care:
- Breastfeeding support by the Texas Ten Step program
- Delivering babies at full term (at or after 39 weeks) by the March of Dimes
- Private birthing suites along with hospital tours, childbirth classes and other educational resources to help you prepare for a comfortable birth experience
Learn more about CHRISTUS Spohn Birthing Services.
Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at South
In our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, we provide the highest level of specialized care for premature and critically ill infants. Our NICU is located in the same facility as our Birthing Center and offers:
- Board-certified neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners available 24/7 to manage any complications with premature or critically ill newborns
- Medical team with specialized training for emergency medical care during flight for continuity of care
- Neonate medical transport—ready at a moment’s notice—for critically ill infants from any regional facility.
- Dedicated NICU subspecialists to ensure that critically ill newborns receive all the care they need to thrive from the start
- Endocrinology specialists
- Genetic counselors
- Pediatric cardiology
- Pediatric ophthalmology
- Pediatric radiology
- Respiratory therapy
Find out more about our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Obstetrics and Gynecology at South
Our board-certified OB/GYN physicians and maternal-fetal medicine specialists treat health issues during all stages of a woman’s life, from adolescence to pregnancy and menopause. We offer all types of treatment including:
- Complete obstetrical care (routine and high risk)
- Gynecological surgery, including robotic and minimally invasive surgery
- Comprehensive outpatient surgery services
- Well woman exams
- Contraceptive counseling and family planning
- Infertility evaluations
- In-house ultrasound including 3D and 4D imaging
Medical Services at CHRISTUS Spohn
At South, we perform comprehensive medical services including general acute medical care, hospitalist services, and pulmonology – the care and treatment of problems relating to the lungs. Our pulmonary services unit offers complete therapeutic and diagnostic services for patients with respiratory problems including:
- Acute and chronic bronchitis
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Different types of asthma
- Different types of pneumonia
Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery at South
We offer a comfortable environment, fully equipped operating room and the latest technology for inpatient and outpatient surgery. Our board-certified surgeons and nurses perform all types of surgeries in our eight surgical suites, from hernias to appendectomies to more complex orthopedic surgery procedures. Among the many types of surgery we offer are:
- Ear, nose and throat
- General Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
Trauma and Emergency Care at South
Our hospital at South has a Level IV Trauma Center, with emergency room physicians on call 24/7 to resuscitate and stabilize critical patients. We coordinate seamless transfers for severe trauma patients to our Level II Trauma Center at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Memorial when medically necessary.
We also provide all general emergency services for minor illnesses, injuries and chronic medical conditions.
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
We have a medical/surgical ICU for 24/7 critical care of patients of all ages who have life-threatening medical or surgical conditions. Our interdisciplinary approach means that our specially trained ICU physicians and nurses work together to provide patients with high-quality care.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South
5950 Saratoga Boulevard
Corpus Christi, TX 78414-4100