CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - Shoreline
Established in 1905, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline is well recognized throughout south Texas as a leading acute care medical center. As one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the country, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Shoreline is certified and accredited for its excellent stroke treatment and cardiovascular care.
We are committed to the best possible recovery and outcomes for all our patients, especially those with debilitating and chronic conditions and wounds. Patients who need skilled nursing and rehabilitation and wound treatment come to us for excellent care and ongoing treatment and management with their physicians when they return home.
Overlooking beautiful Corpus Christi Bay, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - Shoreline is licensed for 557 beds.
Cardiovascular Care at CHRISTUS Spohn Shoreline
Shoreline has been recognized for its cardiovascular care by leading medical groups. As a cardiac patient, you can rest assured that you are receiving superior care from dedicated physicians using the latest diagnostic and surgical techniques and equipment.
Our Heart Institute and Pavilion provide the most comprehensive range of surgical and medical services for cardiac care in south Texas. Our facility houses:
- 3 cardiac catheterization labs
- 3 cardiovascular surgery suites
- Cardiac rehabilitation unit
- Cardiovascular intensive care unit (ICU)
The Heart Institute has received the following distinctions:
- Accreditation as a Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Certification for our program of exercise, education, counseling and support for patients and families from the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Stroke Treatment at CHRISTUS Spohn Shoreline
The team in our neuroscience program at CHRISTUS Spohn has developed a system designed to improve stroke patient outcomes, along with stroke prevention measures. Using this system, our medical team can more quickly diagnose and treat stroke patients who come in through the emergency department. That can mean better patient outcomes, because faster diagnosis and treatment are key to a promising recovery.
Shoreline’s neurologists, neurosurgeons and highly trained clinical staff have been recognized for their commitment to quality care in stroke treatment:
- Certification from the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center
- Recognition from American Heart Association and American Stroke Association for improving stroke care through adherence to the latest treatment guidelines
Skilled Nursing Facility in Corpus Christi
Shoreline houses a hospital-based nursing facility. It provides skilled, short-term, inpatient medical care and rehabilitation for patients who are recovering from a debilitating illness or condition. Services include:
- Medical management for patients requiring skilled services
- Physical, speech and occupational therapy
- Case management and social services available for ongoing care after discharge
Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Center
The CHRISTUS Spohn Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Center provides specialized, comprehensive therapy to help heal complicated and problematic wounds. Our highly skilled medical staff includes:
- Board-certified physicians and nurses trained and certified in chronic wound care and hyperbaric medicine
- Certified hyperbaric technicians
Our center is the only one of its kind in more than 100 miles, and our medical team coordinates outpatient services with your own physician. That means that you will receive excellent care in our facility that is coordinated with your physician’s services for improved recovery.
We offer these and more chronic wound treatments and services:
- Infectious disease management
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Diabetic and vascular evaluation
- Radiology and nuclear medicine studies
- Coordination with other specialists as needed, such as podiatrists, vascular surgeons, orthopedic surgeons
CHRISTUS Spohn Guest House in Corpus Christi
For families whose loved ones are staying in any of the CHRISTUS Spohn hospitals, we have a guest house across the street from Shoreline. The Kieshnick Guest House has guest rooms with private baths for a minimal donation, available by reservation.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404-2235
|Nationally Accredited Chest Pain Center
||Certified by The American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation